Wednesday 30 August 2017

A lot has happened

Last week I was persuaded to host an event where I interviewed Sue Tilley in front of an audience - I did a lot of research - 30 years ago I was a near neighbour of Leigh Bowery and saw her regularly and I know her a bit now as she lives near me - we talked about her career and her fame as Lucien Freud's model - how she is the subject of 4 of the most valuable paintings in the world and her life in general - it went very well. I like Sue a lot and it was fun. As you can see - I have terrible posture. That Paul Smith shirt was £2 in Oxfam. That is a bottle of Vodka on the table - first time she's been drunk in years.





Afterwards I sat with my friend Mikey and had a drink. A lovey man and a wonderful father. He got the all clear from cancer last week. we were let alone for a couple of hours and chatted - he told me how happy he was. we left and he went home, and suffered a traumatic brain bleed - they turned his machine off this morning. He was the warmest, kindest man I know.

1 comment:

Post a Comment