Wednesday 15 February 2017

ups and downs

Today started in a panic. Somehow the Google drive that I use to communicate between my various hard drives and phone etc decide to wipe itself - after some stress and a very panicked cycle ride home to collect a laptop - I was able to retrieve everything, in a fashion - from a waste bin via an apple cloud link - if this all sounds contrived and complicated. Imagine how I feel. I had about 4 hours of piecing things together - and reconciling multiple copies. All these digital drives are supposed to help us. I can assure you, they don't. I really did think I'd lost 20 years of records, passwords, logins and invoices. I have absolutely no idea what happened.

In other news, after some stressful checking of numbers - I discovered that I am finally below the 80K mark on my mortgage. In fact, I probably am now in less debt and with more equity than at any time in my adult life since I became a home owner. Probably by quite a margin. Not that it helps.

I put a load of stuff on Ebay today - sadly, many of the very good art and design books I've collected over the years appear to have lost all their value - I suspect it's because you can easily get complete copies online, scanned and fully downloadable as PDF's - for free - from Pinterest, Tumblr and Flikr. Most disappointing. And frustrating.

I'm not having much luck with mortgage and financial advisors - they don't seem too bothered. I'm clearly not talking about enough money.

I watched the first episode of Blakes' 7 earlier today. It was pretty terrible. Not what I remembered at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment