Monday 3 October 2016

Monday

Today - despite being clear and sunny - was a very cold morning - followed by glorious sunshine, unless you were in the shade - where it was still cold.I should have worn gloves to cycle to work. A mistake I’ll try not to make again.

I had stomach cramps again today - the only time in my life I’ve ever had stomach cramps was when I was out of hospital and they gave me an anti-inflammatory called Naproxoren and I didn’t go to the toilet for 3 weeks. I never want to experience that ever again. I also had a terrible headache - mid afternoon I began to wonder ‘is this how it ends’ and then I realised it was more to do with the cold morning and vague memories of neuralgia.

Work was a nightmare - very difficult day - Monday’s often are. To top it off, I had an email later in the day from an old client suggesting I meet up with a new designer that are using and have taken under their wing and give them a ‘leg up’ and introduce them to useful, successful people. I get that a lot - it really, really pisses me off. I might as well just give them my house and access to my bank account

I had a meeting with someone a year older than me who’s career is literally about to end (senior software developer) and he’s considering anything that comes his way. Not something I am looking forward to.

Tomorrow I’m helping out at a student fair - from 4pm until 11pm spread across two floors of our building, I’m looking forward to serving drinks to 18 year olds about to embark on a huge personal debt and an almost worthless qualification - in the vague hope that one day - when they hit 50, they may be serving drinks to students for £8 per hour.


My main task tonight will be to somehow pay a years council tax. I will need to concentrate for that one.

No comments:

Post a Comment